Fiddle River has been a staple of the Jasper Restaurant Scene since the early ’90s. In order to accommodate current demand and to allow for an expanded menu, the restaurant underwent an expansion during the winter of 2021/22 The project involved:
- Change of use and building code review, completed by Solis Architecture.
- Installation of new rooftop mechanical equipment and a new kitchen ventilation and fire suppression system.
- Evaluation of the existing floor framing, and upgrades to the roof framing to accommodate the new mechanical equipment and required roof openings.
- A new walk-in cooler and dry storage facilities.
- An expanded dining room and private function space.
Headwall Engineering completed the design of the tenant improvement for the restaurant expansion, and also coordinated the project with the assistance of other sub-consultants. This project was complicated due to the existing building’s age, history of renovation, and interconnected second floor walkway with its neighbouring building. Despite these challenges, the project was completed successfully in early 2022.