With extensive experience in wood, steel, and concrete structures, Headwall is a leading consultant in industrial, commercial and residential projects. Our most common types of work include:
- Residential & Commercial Renovations
- Removal of Load Bearing Walls
- Storey & Building Additions
- New Equipment Installations
- Building Restorations
- Jacking & Shoring Plans
- Steel and Wooden Structure Repair
- Reinforcement Design
- New Construction
- Structural Engineering
- Field Reviews & Support
- Engineer of Record per Alberta Building Code
- Project Coordination from Concept through Tender & Construction
- Construction Support
- Design of Falsework
- Temporary Structures
- Fall Arrest Systems
- Engineered Lift Plans
- Personnel Hoisting
Our architectural technologist staff can help turn your ideas into reality.
Our design services are rooted in design thinking, which is a process by which we design buildings and spaces to produce an exceptional experience for you, the inhabitants. Our services include:
- Conceptual Design
- Review of zoning and building regulations
- Development of concept sketches and drawings
- Iteration and Review to capture your needs
- Further design development to flesh out the details
- Construction Documentation
- Preparation of permit drawings
- Coordination with the Authority Having Jurisdiction regarding permit and variance applications.
- Drafting of construction drawings and specifications
- Permit Application & Coordination
- We routinely deal with the local Authorities Having Jurisdiction, and are well versed at applying for and obtaining development and building permits in the areas that we operate. We can take this stressful step off of your plate, and help keep your project on schedule.
- Construction Administration and Inspection
- We’ll work with your contractors to ensure that the intent of the designs that we produced earlier are correctly implemented.
- We can provide inspections to ensure that the level of construction completion matches claims for payment, and ensure that you as the project owner are well informed during this stage of the project.
Headwall has several standard designs for Jasper-area homes pre-prepared, and ready for customization to suit your needs. If you are planning to build in our area, please get in touch. We’d love to help you build a space that you will love, with a building envelope that will keep you comfortable, and features that will help your building sell when that time comes.
With an education in PassivHaus construction, our architectural technologist staff can assist you in planning upgrades to your building envelope. These upgrades can result in extensive improvements to the comfort of your building, and also reduce your greenhouse gas emissions and your carbon footprint. Whether your goal is a minor improvement, or full retrofit of your building envelope, get in touch with us regarding:
- Building Envelope Upgrades
- Identification of weak points
- Maximization of your budget effect through modelling of potential upgrades and their associated costs
- Contract documents for your planned building improvements to facilitate tendering and permitting for your project
- Payback analyses and modelling of carbon footprint reductions
- Deep Energy Retrofits
- Wholistic retrofit planning utilizing the latest in building efficiency technologies
- Custom modelling of your upgraded building envelope and mechanical systems for performance, serviceability, and to ensure component longevity
- Compliance checks with various performance standards, if desired, such as PassivHaus.
Our collective background in construction support and planning has enabled us to help our clients stay on budget and bring schedules forward. Our knowledge of construction processes, pitfalls and challenges allows us to understand and mitigate issues as they arise. Moreover, our network of contacts in the industry allow us to leverage key expertise in specialised industries, when required.